Thursday, June 21, 2012

Miss her

Rye, my husband and I all miss Amber very much. Rye has never been ok with being left alone for long and now is no exception. I left him home alone a few times and tried bringing him to work with me a few times this week and neither option is agreeable to him. At work he is in a kennel by himself except for when I can take him outside. He yelps, he pants, he drools, he howls. I ended up putting our doctor's dog in his kennel with him and that helped calm him down a lot. When I left him home he was very panicky when we got home from work, panting, yelping, drooling, very happy to see us. He follows us around the house a lot, looking at us.

So we called rent-a-Vizsla! That would be the Vizsla rescue of Idaho lady. I am going over to her house tonight to pick up one of her dogs for temporary company for Rye. I think it will help. I'm sure he is missing Amber specifically but I also know that he doesn't really care which dog it is, just company in some form.
We talked about getting another dog but I just don't want to. Maybe I will eventually but not now.

I am very sad and just cannot believe she is gone. I only had her for 8 years but it feels like I have known her forever.

This was two summers ago, at a place called the birds of prey area.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, I am so, so very sorry that you lost your sweet Amber far too soon. You and she had an amazing bond, and it was so clear that you adored each other. I truly understand how tough this is having lost my own 8 year 9 month old girl a few short months ago. All I can say...it's okay to miss her, and laugh about her, and remember her antics, and cry for her. Take care of yourself, and your husband, and handsome Rye. I will remember Amber flying across the grass to you, sailing over jumps, and doing the most elegant weave ever performed. That's not all she was to you, but in those moments, she's forever young, happy, and doing something she loved with the person she loved best. She will always be with you in your heart.
-Hope

Claire Krigbaum said...

Thank you so much, Hope!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Hope you find a good rental.

Hiking Hounds said...

I'm so sorry for the sadness that you all are feeling right now. It's so hard to get used to them being gone. What a great idea, "Rent a Vizsla". I bet Rye will really appreciate it. Everyone needs a friend in hard times. :)

UrbanBodi said...

Our thoughts are with you. Hope you've found a suitable "sitter" for Rye.